Wednesday 9 November 2011

ONE FLOCK ............

Jesus Christ said the following :
John 10:14-16 “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, 15just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep. 16I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd.
----------
Clearly , Jesus Christ is The Shepherd (The Lord) spoken of in the words of the 23rd Psalm . These words where written by King David ....."The Lord is my Shepherd ."
Jesus Christ was also speaking of His crucifixion and death penalty , the punishment that was to be put upon Him , for the sin ("sin is lawlessness") of the world . The punishment that each of us has been convicted of .....DEATH.... .He stood in our place and took our punishment . But we must acknowledge that He did this act for us and turn from our old ways to follow Him (repent) . The sheep He is speaking of , are the Jews ...Israel , the chosen nation entrusted with the oracles and promises of Him who created all things . The other sheep , are the non Jews , the Gentiles . Gentiles are those people who are not Jewish , no matter what other nation or people group . It will be all those who have accepted the Work of Jesus Christ , by His Death and Resurrection for the sin of the World who will make up the ONE FLOCK , whether Jew or Gentile .

No comments:

Post a Comment